Hi, I’m John, a software developer currently employed in Oxfordshire.
In the spring of 2015, I completed my studies at Bridgwater College, for an Applied Computing BSc (Top-up) degree, where I was awarded a 2:1.
Also at Bridgwater College from 2012 to 2014, I have also completed a Level 5 HND in Computing and Systems Development, where I graduated from this course with Distinction.
Before enrolling at Bridgwater College, I was working for 14 months on placement as a Trainee Engineer at the Industrial Automation & Integration company HG Systems (now Bilfinger Industrial Automation Services) in Fareham from 2011 to 2012.
My roles at HG Systems included:
- Designing computer-controlled, automated systems for use in industries such as Sewage Treatment Works, Nuclear Facilities and Food Production Plants, both User Interface Design and Hardware coding.
- Building, Maintaining and configuring PCs to run the above software to a high standard, suitable for industrial clients.
- Meeting with clients to discuss/review designs and changes.
- Writing and designing a client/server application and SQL database to monitor beer stock levels and to calculate sales profits in pubs and bars.
- Visiting site works to assist in installation of other systems implemented by the company.
Prior to this, I also studied at the University of the West of England from 2009 to 2011 and was awarded a Certificate in Higher Education, studying Computer Systems Integration.
I am proficient in programming and scripting in a variety of langues including C, Microsoft .NET, Java and SQL programming and have a large amount of experience in building, configuring and maintaining computer systems from a home level to a business & industrial level, including both physical installation and upgrades of hardware components, to installing and configuring Operating Systems and other software.